This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Regular Expression Examples
.NET Framework 1.1
This section contains code examples that illustrate the use of regular expressions in common applications.
In This Section
- Scanning for HREFS
- Provides an example that searches an input string and prints out all the href="..." values and their locations in the string.
- Changing Date Formats
- Provides an example that replaces dates of the form mm/dd/yy with dates of the form dd-mm-yy.
- Extracting URL Information
- Provides an example that extracts a protocol and port number from a string containing a URL. For example, "http://www.contoso.com:8080/letters/readme.html" returns "http:8080".
- Cleaning an Input String
- provides an example that strips invalid non-alphanumeric characters from a string.
- Confirming Valid E-Mail Format
- Provides an example that you can use to verify that a string is in valid e-mail format.
- Regular Expressions as a Language
- Provides an overview of the programming-language aspect of regular expressions.
- Regular Expression Classes
- Describes the regular expression classes contained in the System.Text.RegularExpression namespace and provides examples of their use.
- Details of Regular Expression Behavior
- Provides information about the capabilities and behavior of .NET Framework regular expressions.
- Regular Expression Language Elements
- Provides information on the set of characters, operators, and constructs that you can use to define regular expressions.
- Provides class-library reference information for the .NET Framework System.Text.RegularExpressions namespace