The document is archived and information here might be outdated
Developing Applications with Visual Basic
This section covers conceptual documentation for the Visual Basic language.
- Using the Visual Basic Editor
Contains Help on features of the Visual Basic editor, such as Intellisense Code Snippets, Project Properties, and creating XML documentation for Visual Basic.
- Security and Visual Basic Development
Discusses the three common areas where you need to address security concerns.
- Programming in Visual Basic
Covers a variety of programming subjects.
- Development with My
Discusses a new feature called My, which provides access to information and default object instances that are related to an application and its run-time environment.
- Accessing Data in Visual Basic Applications
Contains Help on accessing data in Visual Basic.
- Debugging Your Visual Basic Application
Provides pointers to documentation for the debugging features built into Visual Studio.
- Exception and Error Handling in Visual Basic
Contains Help on both structured and unstructured exception handling, as well as configuring warnings, Smart Compile Auto Correction, and types of errors.
- Deploying an Application
Gives an overview of deployment features in the .NET Framework and Visual Studio.
- Creating and Using Components in Visual Basic
Defines the term component and discusses how and when to create components.
- Going Further with Visual Basic
Provides overviews of various subject areas, such as forms, network operations, and Web services.
- Customizing Projects and Extending My with Visual Basic
Describes how you can customize project templates to provide additional My objects.