Strings in Visual Basic
This section describes the basic concepts behind using strings in Visual Basic.
In This Section
- Introduction to Strings in Visual Basic
Lists topics that describe the basic concepts behind using strings in Visual Basic.
- How to: Create Strings Using a StringBuilder in Visual Basic
Demonstrates how to efficiently create a long string from many smaller strings.
- How to: Search Within a String (Visual Basic)
Demonstrates how to determine the index of the first occurrence of a substring.
- Converting Between Strings and Other Data Types in Visual Basic
Lists topics that describe how to convert strings into other data types.
- Validating Strings in Visual Basic
Lists topics that discuss how to validate strings.
- Walkthrough: Encrypting and Decrypting Strings in Visual Basic
Demonstrates how to encrypt and decrypt strings by using the cryptographic service provider version of the Triple Data Encryption Standard algorithm.