Creates a control (a child window) and associates it with the CListCtrl object.
virtual BOOL CreateEx( DWORD dwExStyle, DWORD dwStyle, const RECT& rect, CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT nID );
- Specifies the extended style of the control being created. For a list of extended Windows styles, see the dwExStyle parameter for CreateWindowEx in the Platform SDK.
- Specifies the list control's style. Apply any combination of list control styles to the control. For a complete list of these styles, see List view window styles in the Platform SDK.
- A reference to a RECT structure describing the size and position of the window to be created, in client coordinates of pParentWnd.
- A pointer to the window that is the control's parent.
- The control's child-window ID.
Nonzero if successful; otherwise 0.
Use CreateEx instead of Create to apply extended Windows styles, specified by the Windows extended style preface WS_EX_.
CreateEx creates the control with the extended Windows styles specified by dwExStyle. To set extended styles specific to a control, call SetExtendedStyle. For example, use CreateEx to set such styles as WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP, but use SetExtendedStyle to set such styles as LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT. For more information, see the styles described in the topic Extended List View Styles in the Platform SDK.