Natural User Interface for Kinect for Windows
Kinect for Windows 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
The Natural User Interface (NUI) is the core of the Kinect for Windows API. Through it you can access the following sensor data in your application:
- Audio data streamed out by the audio stream.
- Color image data and depth image data streamed out by the color and depth streams.
In addition to the hardware capabilities, the Kinect software runtime implements:
- A software pipeline that can recognize and track a human body. The runtime converts depth information into the skeleton joints in the human body. This makes it possible to track up to two people in front of the camera.
- Integration with the Microsoft Speech APIs so that you can implement a speech recognition engine in your Kinect-enabled application. This makes it possible to add voice commands, such as "Start Tracking" or "Stop Tracking", to your application.
- A tight integration with the Face Tracking SDK, which makes it possible to track human faces.
The Kinect for Windows Developer Toolkit includes Kinect Explorer - WPF C# Sample, which demonstrate how to use the NUI API in applications that capture and display color and depth data, and display tracked skeletons from the skeleton data.