Planning and Designing Azure Applications
Updated: January 29, 2015
This section contains articles that provide guidance about planning and designing either Azure applications themselves or their provisioning and management.
In This Section
- Azure Queues and Service Bus Queues - Compared and Contrasted
- Compares the features offered by Azure Queues and Microsoft Azure Service Bus queues.
- Azure Table Storage and Azure SQL Database - Compared and Contrasted
- Compares the features offered by Azure Table Storage and Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Azure Business Continuity Technical Guidance
- Provides guidance on the capabilities of the platform and the responsibilities of developers for achieving high availability and disaster recovery.
- Best Practices for the Design of Large-Scale Services on Azure Cloud Services
- Advice based on real-world customer implementations of highly scaled services on Azure.
- Scaling Applications Using Azure Cloud Services Poster Links
- A companion article to Scaling Applications Using Azure Cloud Services Poster.
- Failsafe: Guidance for Resilient Cloud Architectures
- General guidance for building resilient cloud architectures.
- Azure SQL Database Performance Guidance
- Provides an overview of the Premium service for SQL Database and makes recommendations on how to determine the best reservation size for a Premium database. In addition, guidance is provided on how to tune your SQL Database application to get the most from the Premium service.