Spreadsheet Control Pattern
Describes guidelines and conventions for implementing ISpreadsheetProvider, including information about methods. Links to additional references are listed at the end of the topic. The Spreadsheet control pattern is used to expose the contents of a spreadsheet or other grid-based document.
The Spreadsheet control pattern is closely related to the Grid control pattern; controls that implement the Spreadsheet control pattern should also implement the Grid control pattern. Controls can also implement the Table control pattern, if appropriate. For examples of controls that implement these control patterns, see Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns.
When implementing the Spreadsheet control pattern, note the following guidelines and conventions:
- If a spreadsheet implements the ISpreadsheetProvider interface, its cells must implement the ISpreadsheetItemProvider interface.
- The ISpreadsheetProvider::GetItemByName method is intended to provide the same kind of navigation that an application might supply with a Jump to Label feature. Many spreadsheet programs let specific cells be given a friendly name or label. GetItemByName enables the client to look up a cell based on its friendly name. This method should not retrieve any cells that contain the name text because the results can be highly ambiguous. If the spreadsheet program allows multiple cells in the same a spreadsheet to have the same friendly name or label, the Microsoft UI Automation behavior is undefined.
The following method is required for implementing the ISpreadsheetProvider interface.
|Required members||Member type||Notes|
This control pattern has no associated events.
- Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Tree Overview