Automating Management Pack Development
Updated: January 31, 2012
Applies To: System Center 2012 - Operations Manager
You can use the Operations Manager class libraries to automate tasks that are related to authoring, editing, or configuring management packs. This section contains examples for some of the common tasks that you can perform to develop management packs by using the System Center 2012 – Operations Manager software development kit (SDK).
For more information on when to use the Operations Manager SDK for automating management pack development and for other options for building management packs, see System Center 2012 Integration Guide - Operations Manager.
In This Section
- How to Create a Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to create a new management pack.
- How to Import a New Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to import a new management pack.
- How to Seal a Management Pack in Operations Manager
- Demonstrates how to seal a management pack. A sealed management pack is a binary file that cannot be edited.
- How to Remove an Existing Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to remove a management pack and all of its associated items.
- How to Export a Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to export an existing management pack as an XML file.
- How to Retrieve Information from a Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to retrieve information from an existing management pack.