ColorDialog Component (Windows Forms)
The Windows Forms ColorDialog component is a pre-configured dialog box that allows the user to select a color from a palette and to add custom colors to that palette. It is the same dialog box that you see in other Windows-based applications to select colors. Use it within your Windows-based application as a simple solution in lieu of configuring your own dialog box.
In This Section
- ColorDialog Component Overview (Windows Forms)
Introduces the general concepts of the ColorDialog component, which allows you to display a pre-configured dialog box that users can use to select colors from a palette.
- How to: Change the Appearance of the Windows Forms ColorDialog Component
Describes how to change the colors available to users and other properties.
- How to: Show a Color Palette with the ColorDialog Component
Explains how to select a color at run time by means of an instance of the ColorDialog component.
- Controls You Can Use On Windows Forms
Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.
- ColorDialog Class
Provides reference information on the ColorDialog class and its members.
- Essential Code for Windows Forms Dialog Boxes
Discusses the Windows Forms dialog box controls and components and the code necessary for executing their basic functions.
- Dialog-Box Controls and Components (Windows Forms)
Lists a set of controls that allow users to perform standard interactions with the application or system.