Creating or Adding Deployment Projects
Deployment projects allow you to specify where and how your solution will be deployed both during and after development. A solution can contain multiple deployment projects and deployment projects can be configuration-dependent.
To create a new deployment project
- On the File menu, point to Add Project, and then click New Project.
- In the resulting Add New Project dialog box, select the Setup and Deployment Projects folder.
- Choose the type of deployment project you want to create. For details, see Deployment Projects.
To add an existing deployment project to a solution
- On the File menu, point to Add Project, and then click Existing Project.
- In the resulting Add Existing Project dialog box, browse to the location of the deployment project and click Open.
Tip To see only deployment projects, select Setup and Deployment Projects in the Files of type box.