Figure 1 illustrates a high-level logical architecture view of the Stock Trader RI.
There are two versions of the Stock Trader RI: Desktop and Silverlight. The Desktop version uses the Composite Application Library for WPF, and the Silverlight version uses the Composite Application Library for Silverlight.
The following describes the main elements of the Stock Trader RI architecture:
- Application. The application is lightweight and contains the shell that hosts each of the different UI components within the reference implementation. It also contains the StockTraderRIBootstrapper, which sets up the container and initializes module loading.
Modules. The solution is divided into the following four modules, which are each maintained by separate teams in different locations:
- Watch module. The Watch module contains the Watch List and Add To Watch List functionality.
- News module. The News module contains the NewsFeedService which handles retrieving stock news items.
- Market module. The Market module handles retrieval of market trend data for the trader's positions and notifies the UI when those positions change. It also handles populating the Trend line for the selected position.
- Position module. The Position module handles populating the list of positions in the trader's portfolio. It also contains the Buy/Sell order functionality.
Infrastructure. The infrastructure contains functionality for both the Stock Trader RI and the Composite Application Guidance core:
- Composite Application Library. This contains the core composition services and service interfaces for handling regions, commanding, and module loading. It also contains the container façade for the Unity Application Block (also referred to as Unity). The StockTraderRIBootstrapper inherits from the UnityBoostrapper.
- Stock Trader RI Infrastructure Library. This contains service interfaces specific to the Stock Trader RI, shared models, and shared commands.
To continue exploring the reference implementation, see the following topics: