About Forefront Threat Management Gateway
Microsoft® Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) integrates firewall and cache features to secure networks and improve their performance. Forefront TMG is an extensible platform that provides security, hardware redundancy and load balancing, efficient use of network resources by means of sophisticated caching mechanisms, and administration tools.
Important Forefront TMG only runs on 64 bit computers that use Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2008 R2, and relies on the features and functionality of this operating system.
Forefront TMG consists of several technologies:
- Microsoft Firewall service.
- A Web proxy.
- Secure network address translation (SecureNAT).
- Advanced caching capabilities, including RAM caching and use of the Cache Array Routing Protocol (CARP).
- Dynamic Internet Protocol (IP) packet filtering.
- Virtual private networking (VPN).
For more information, see the Forefront TMG product documentation.
This section contains the following topics:
- What's New in the Forefront TMG Software Development Kit
- Legacy Features
- Installing the Forefront TMG Software Development Kit
- Forefront TMG Overview
- Enterprise Management
- Network Configuration Detection
- Virtual Private Networks
- Policy Rules
- About Authentication in Forefront TMG
- About the Forefront TMG Cache
- About Forefront TMG Services
- About Forefront TMG Clients
- Connection Limits
Build date: 7/12/2010