Web Service Architecture
The Web Service Software Factory is now maintained by the community and can be found on the Service Factory site.
This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies.
Retired: November 2011
This topic helps you understand the design and implementation of the Web Service Software Factory. It introduces concepts that are relevant to building services with the Service Factory, including background information about the Service Factory. It also includes subtopics about exception shielding and migrating ASMX Web services to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
This topic contains the following topics:
- Web Service Application Architecture
- Message Design in Service-Oriented Applications
- Useful Patterns for Services
- Versioning Web Services
- Exception Handling in Service-Oriented Applications
- Planning for and Migrating to WCF
- Understanding Factory Topics