Design of Enterprise Library
Enterprise Library incorporates a set of best practices in its overall design. Among these are the following:
- It uses common application block functionality (the Enterprise Library Core).
- It uses uniform conventions for naming and versioning.
- It incorporates instrumentation into all application blocks.
- It uses unit tests written during the design phase.
The section describes the design of Enterprise Library and includes the following topics:
- Design Patterns. This topic describes the use of design patterns within Enterprise Library.
- The Enterprise Library Core. This topic describes the Enterprise Library Core, including the configuration system.
- Providers. This topic describes the use of providers to implement extensibility.
- Design Time Configuration. This topic describes the design-time configuration features of Enterprise Library.
- The Dependency Injection Model. This topic describes the dependency injection mechanism used by Enterprise Library to instantiate objects and manage their lifetimes.
- Instrumentation. This topic describes the implementation of instrumentation within Enterprise Library.
- Group Policy Support. This topic describes Group Policy support using the Manageable Configuration Source.
- Unit Tests. This topic describes the use of unit tests within Enterprise Library.