Windows Search is a desktop search platform that has instant search capabilities for most common file and data types such as email, contacts, calendar appointments, documents, photos, multimedia, and other formats that can be extended by third party developers. These capabilities enable users to find, manage, and organize the increasing amount of data common in home and enterprise environments.
- Windows Search Overview
- Windows Search Developer's Guide
- Windows Search Reference
- Windows Search Code Samples
- Related Search Technologies
- Federated Search in Windows
- Windows Search Glossary
- For the Windows 7 or updated Windows Vista SDK download, see the Windows SDK or the Microsoft Download Center.
- For community-supported message boards about Search technologies, see MSDN Forum: Windows Desktop Search Development.