Common Design Patterns
.NET Framework 1.1
This topic provides guidelines for implementing common design patterns in class libraries.
In This Section
- Implementing Finalize and Dispose to Clean Up Unmanaged Resources
- Describes the recommended design pattern to implement in class libraries to clean up unmanaged resources using the Finalize and Dispose methods.
- Implementing the Equals Method
- Describes the guidelines to follow to implement the Equals method in class libraries.
- Callback Function Usage
- Describes when to use delegates, events, and interfaces to provide callback functionality.
- Timeout Usage
- Describes the guidelines for using time-outs in base class libraries to specify the maximum time a caller is willing to wait for completion of a method call.