Creating Custom Comment Tokens
In some development languages, comments inserted in your code can be displayed as Task List messages. You can click any comment listed in the Task List to open the appropriate Visual Studio editor with the insertion point automatically positioned at the line where the comment occurs.
Comments in code begin with the comment mark preferred by your development language. If you insert a token string (
HACK, or a custom token string) after the comment mark, a shortcut to the comment will appear in the Task List.
Note Comments in HTML, CSS, and XML markup do not appear in the Task List.
To create a custom comment token
- Select Options from the Tools menu.
- Select Environment, and then choose Task List.
- In the Comment tokens portion of the Task List Options dialog box, enter a Name for your custom token.
This enables the Add button.
- Select Normal, Low, or High from the Priority pop-up window.
- Click Add, and then click OK.