Host Application Samples
This section includes sample code that is provided by Windows PowerShell. You can use Microsoft Visual Studio to create a console application and then copy the code from the topics in this section into your host application.
In This Section
- Windows PowerShell API Samples
- This section includes sample code that shows how to create runspaces that restrict functionality, and how to asynchronously run commands using a runspace pool to supply the runspaces.
- Custom Host Samples
- Includes sample code for writing a custom host. The host is the component of Windows PowerShell that provides communications between the user and the Windows PowerShell engine. For more information about custom hosts, see Custom Host.
- Runspace Samples
- Includes sample code for creating runspaces. For more information about how runspaces are used, see Host Application Runspaces.
- Remote Runspace Samples
- This section includes sample code that shows how to create runspaces that can be used to connect to a computer by using WS-Management-based Windows PowerShell remoting.
Other ResourcesWriting a Windows PowerShell Host Application