Analytic Tracing with ETW
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) analytic tracing offers a way to capture diagnostic information during the execution of a WCF service. WCF analytic tracing events are emitted at key points in the WCF stack to allow troubleshooting of WCF services in a production environment. Analytic tracing for WCF services has minimal impact on the performance of a product server that hosts .NET Framework version 4 WCF services as these events are very efficiently emitted to an Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) session.
In This Section
- Analytic Tracing Overview
- Discusses how WCF analytic tracing works .NET Framework version 4.
- Dynamically Enabling Analytic Tracing
- Discusses how to enable or disable tracing dynamically using ETW.
- Configuring Message Flow Tracing
- Describes how to configure message flow tracing.
- Analytic Trace Event Reference
- Shows a table of event IDs with their event levels, event messages and keywords.
Build Date: 2011-06-25