Using the Adapter Framework Tools
The Adapter Framework uses the following tools and views to manage and develop custom adapters:
- BizTalk Administration Management Console. This is an independent application, available from the Start menu, used to install new adapters and to manage their receive and send handlers.
- BizTalk Explorer. This tool is available in Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2003. It is available from the View menu, and appears near the toolbox on the left side of the screen. Use it to configure all of the send ports and receive locations associated with an adapter.
- Add Adapter Wizard. This wizard is available from within a BizTalk project in Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. It is available by right-clicking the project name in the Solution Explorer window in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, and then clicking Add Generated Items. The Add Adapter Wizard is available for developers that want to communicate with application adapters like SQL or SAP. Use this wizard to pull schemas corresponding to these application adapters into the system.
- Adapter property pages. These are available through the BizTalk Administration console or BizTalk Explorer. Use these pages to configure receive handlers, receive locations, send handlers, and send ports for your adapter.
This section provides tips and shortcuts for using these tools. For instructions on configuring a native adapter, see Connecting Applications Using Native Adapters.
This section contains:
- Adapter Property Page Shortcut Keys
- Working Within Adapter Property Pages
- Adding Adapter Metadata to a BizTalk Project
All rights reserved.