Writing a Windows PowerShell Provider
"Writing a Windows PowerShell Provider" is for program managers who are designing Windows PowerShell providers and for developers who are implementing provider code. It will help you understand how Windows PowerShell providers work, and it provides sample code that you can use to start designing or writing your own providers.
In This Section
- Windows PowerShell Provider Quickstart
- Example code and walkthrough of a very basic provider.
- Windows PowerShell Provider Overview
- This section contains topics that describe what Windows PowerShell providers are and how they work.
- Writing an item provider
- Example code and walkthrough of methods that support getting and setting items.
- Writing a container provider
- Example code and walkthrough of methods that support containers (items that have other items as children).
- Writing a navigation provider
- Example code and walkthrough of methods that support nested containers, relative paths, and moving items from one path to another.
- Provider Samples
- This section provides samples of providers.
ConceptsWindows PowerShell Reference