Handling and Raising Events
Events in the .NET Framework are based on the delegate model. (Those familiar with design patterns in object-oriented programming will notice the observer design pattern.) This section contains topics that describe the delegate model, show how to consume events in applications, and describe how to raise events from your class.
For details about the event syntax in a specific programming language, see the documentation for that language.
In This Section
- Events and Delegates
- Provides an overview of the event model and describes delegates in the .NET Framework.
- Consuming Events
- Provides an overview of how .NET Framework applications consume events.
- Raising an Event
- Shows how to provide event functionality in your class.
- Event Sample
- Contains a detailed sample that walks through the steps for raising an event from a class.
- Raising Multiple Events
- Shows a technique for optimizing storage for multiple events.
- Web Server Control Event Model
- Describes the details of the event model for ASP.NET Web Forms.
- Events in ASP.NET Server Controls
- Describes how to raise events from custom ASP.NET server controls.
- Events in Windows Forms Controls
- Describes how to raise events from custom Windows Forms controls.
- Managed and Unmanaged Events
- Describes how managed events in the .NET Framework interoperate with unmanaged COM events.