MODIFY REPORT Command
Opens the Report Designer so you can modify or create a report.
MODIFY REPORT [FileName | ?] [[WINDOW WindowName1] [IN [WINDOW] WindowName2 | IN SCREEN]] [NOENVIRONMENT] [NOWAIT] [SAVE]
- Specifies the file name for the report. If you don't specify an extension for the file name, Visual FoxPro automatically assigns an .frx extension.
- Displays the Open dialog box from which you can choose an existing report file or enter the name of a new report to create.
- WINDOW WindowName1
- Specifies a window whose characteristics the Report Designer takes on. For example, if the window is created with the FLOAT option of DEFINE WINDOW, the Report Designer can be moved. The window need not be active or visible, but it must be defined.
- IN [WINDOW] WindowName2
- Specifies a parent window in which the Report Designer is opened. The Report Designer doesn't assume the characteristics of the parent window and cannot be moved outside the parent window. If the parent window is moved, the Report Designer moves with it.
The parent window must first be defined with DEFINE WINDOW, and must be visible, to access the Report Designer.
- IN SCREEN
- Explicitly opens the Report Designer in the main Visual FoxPro window, after it has been placed in a parent window. The Report Designer is placed in a parent window by including the IN WINDOW clause.
- Included for backward compatibility with 2.x reports; prevents the environment from being saved with the report.
In Visual FoxPro, the data environment associated with a Visual FoxPro report is restored by setting the data environment AutoOpenTables property to true (.T.), which is the default. To make sure that the report environment is closed when the report is finished printing, set the data environment AutoCloseTables property to true (.T.), which is also the default.
When you create or modify reports, you can save the current Visual FoxPro data environment with the report definition file. Saving the Visual FoxPro data environment places additional records in the report definition table for all open tables and index files, the index order, and any relationships between the tables.
- Continues program execution after the Report Designer is opened. The program doesn't wait for the Report Designer to be closed, but continues execution on the program line immediately following the line that contains MODIFY REPORT NOWAIT. If you omit NOWAIT when MODIFY REPORT is issued in a program, the Report Designer is opened and program execution pauses until the Report Designer is closed.
NOWAIT is effective only from within a program. It has no effect on MODIFY REPORT when issued from the Command window.
- Leaves the Report Designer open after another window is activated. If you omit SAVE, the Report Designer is closed when another window is activated. Including SAVE has no effect when issued from the Command window.
Issuing MODIFY REPORT without any arguments displays the Open dialog box. If you choose New from this dialog box, the name REPORT1 is assigned to the report file. You can save the report file with a different name when you close the Report Designer.