CREATE REPORT Command
Opens a report in a Report Designer.
CREATE REPORT [FileName | ?] [NOWAIT] [SAVE] [WINDOW WindowName1] [IN [WINDOW] WindowName2 | IN SCREEN
- Specifies the file name for the report. If you don't specify an extension for the file name, Visual FoxPro automatically assigns an .frx extension. If a report file with the name you specify already exists, you are asked if you want to overwrite the existing file (if SET SAFETY is ON).
- Displays the Create dialog box that prompts you to name the report being created.
- Continues program execution after the Report Designer is opened. The program doesn't wait for the Report Designer to be closed, but continues execution on the program line immediately following the line that contains CREATE REPORT NOWAIT. If you omit NOWAIT when CREATE REPORT is issued in a program, the Report Designer is opened and program execution pauses until the Report Designer is closed.
Including NOWAIT has no effect on CREATE REPORT when it is issued in the Command window.
- Leaves the Report Designer open after another window is activated. If you omit SAVE, the Report Designer is closed when another window is activated.
Including SAVE has no effect when issued from the Command window.
- WINDOW WindowName1
- Specifies a window whose characteristics the Report Designer takes on. For example, if the window is created with the FLOAT option of DEFINE WINDOW, the Report Designer can be moved. The window need not be active or visible, but it must be defined.
The Report Designer has a default size that can be larger than the window from which it takes its characteristics. In this case, the Report Designer still assumes the characteristics of the window in which it is placed. The upper-left corner of the Report Designer is placed at the same coordinates as the upper-left corner of the window, and extends beyond the window's borders.
- IN [WINDOW] WindowName2
- Specifies a parent window in which the Report Designer is opened. The Report Designer doesn't assume the characteristics of the parent window and cannot be moved outside the parent window. If the parent window is moved, the Report Designer moves with it.
The parent window must first be defined with DEFINE WINDOW, and must be visible, to access the Report Designer.
- IN SCREEN
- Specifies that the Report Designer is opened explicitly in the main Visual FoxPro window, after the Report Designer has been placed in a parent window. The Report Designer is placed in a parent window by including the IN WINDOW clause.
Issuing CREATE REPORT without any additional arguments opens a new Report Designer. The name REPORT1 is assigned to the report definition. When you exit the Report Designer, you are prompted to save the report definition with a different name.
CREATE REPORT can also be used to generate a quick report without opening the Report Designer.