Step 2: Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
After Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook is installed, it must be configured. When you restart Outlook after you have installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, the Configuration Wizard starts automatically.
If you do not want to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook immediately after you install it, you can click Cancel on the Configuration Wizard Welcome page. A Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook button will then appear on the Outlook toolbar and will remain there until you configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
To run the Configuration Wizard manually after Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook is configured, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and then click Configuration Wizard.
The Help Us Improve the Customer Experience page has been removed from the Configuration Wizard. By default, the Customer Experience Improvement Program feature is turned off. To enable participation in this program, in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook go to the CRM Options, select the Privacy tab, and for Participate in Customer Experience Improvement Program, select the Yes I am willing to participate anonymously in the Customer Experience Improvement Program check box.
The information in this section applies to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with Update Rollup 7, or a later update. Some of this information is different for earlier versions of the product. For details about available updates, see the latest Update Rollup documentation.
To configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, follow these steps:
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the Select where you want to sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM page, select one of the following options and then click Next.
- My company. Select this option if you will connect to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server at your company by using the Internet.
- An online service provider. Select this option if you will connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM only through the Internet.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook users who will only access Microsoft Dynamics CRM remotely over the Internet, without using a VPN connection, should select the An online service provider option. Selecting this option enables Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook to be configured remotely without being logged in to a domain, provided that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server is configured for Internet-facing deployment (IFD).
- On the Specify the Web addresses to use to connect to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server page, in the Intranet address box type the URL for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, such as http://crmserver. If you connect to a company or partner-hosted site that uses an Internet-facing deployment, clear Use the same Web address when the system connects over the Internet and type the URL in the External Web address box. You must do this if you use a different URL, such as http://server.contoso.com, to connect to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server through the Internet. Click Next.
If you have server roles installed on separate computers, you must specify the Web address of the computer where the Discovery Service role is installed.
- On the Configuration Complete page, click Finish. If you encounter a problem during this procedure, click View the log file to review information about the configuration.