[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
The E-mail Router performs the following tasks:
- Routes incoming Microsoft Dynamics CRM e-mail messages.
- Sends e-mail messages generated from Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The E-mail Router is required for users or queues that do not use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. The E-mail Router can be installed on various versions of the Windows operating system. You can install E-mail Router on an Exchange Server, on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, or a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Vista. The computer that you install E-mail Router on must have a connection to the Exchange Server or POP3 e-mail server.
The E-mail Router contains the following components:
- E-mail Router service and program files.
- E-mail Router Configuration Manager. This is a tool that you use to configure E-mail Router.
- Rule Deployment Wizard. This wizard lets you deploy rules that are used to route e-mail messages to a forward mailbox. The Rule Deployment Wizard does not work with POP3/SMTP e-mail servers.