Windows PowerShell Error Reporting
The topics in this section discuss how cmdlets report errors.
In This Section
- Error Reporting Concepts
- Describes the two mechanisms that cmdlets can use to report errors.
- Terminating Errors
- Describes the method used to report terminating errors, where that method can be called from within the cmdlet, and exceptions that can be returned by the Windows PowerShell runtime when the method is called.
- Non-Terminating Errors
- Describes the method used to report non-terminating errors and where that method can be called from within the cmdlet.
- Displaying Error Information
- Discusses the ways that users can display error.
- Windows PowerShell Error Records
- Describes the components of an error record.
- Interpreting ErrorRecord Objects
- Discusses how ErrorRecord objects are interpreted.
Other ResourcesWriting a Windows PowerShell Cmdlet