WCF Data Services Resources
WCF Data Services introductory topics can be found in the following locations. Many of these topics also contain links to related topics that contain more detailed information.
- WCF Data Services Overview
Provides an overview of the features and functionality available in WCF Data Services.
- Getting Started (Entity Framework)
Describes how to design and access a data service by using WCF Data Services, as illustrated by the quickstart.
- Application Scenarios (WCF Data Services)
Provides a task-based approach to creating WCF Data Services and applications that access Open Data Protocol (OData) feeds.
- Visual Studio and .NET Framework Glossary
Includes terms used in WCF Data Services and OData documentation.
The following external resources provide additional information and support for creating WCF Data Services applications that expose and consume OData feeds.
- WCF Data Services Forum
Data programming support for WCF Data Services developers.
- WCF Data Services Team Blog
Blog that contains updates and discussion of WCF Data Services features and functionality.
- OData Web Site
The primary source of information about OData.
- OData SDK
Contains sample services, samples, and programming libraries that enable you to work with OData feeds.
- OData Blog
Blog that contains discussions about OData programming.
- Data Access and Storage Developer Center
Central location for finding information and resources for working with data.
- Data Platform How Do I? Videos: WCF Data Services Series
Contains a set of video screen casts that demonstrate how to build and access data services.
- Overview: WCF Data Services
A white paper that provides more high-level information about the benefits of WCF Data Services.
- Using Microsoft WCF Data Services
A white paper that provides additional information and examples for creating data services and accessing data services in client applications.
- The Entity-Relationship Model: Toward a Unified View of Data by Peter Pin-Shan Chen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Describes the basis for the entity-relational model that is implemented by WCF Data Services. Written in 1976, this is one of the most frequently cited papers in the computer field.