Application Scenarios (WCF Data Services)
.NET Framework (current version)
WCF Data Services supports a core set of scenarios for exposing and consuming data as Open Data Protocol (OData) feeds. This topic points you to the topics relevant to these scenarios.
- Expose relational data from a database as an OData feed.
- Expose arbitrary CLR data classes as an OData feed.
- Consume an OData feed in a .NET Framework-based client application.
- Consume an OData feed in a Silverlight-based client application.
- Consume an OData feed in an AJAX-based client application.
- Create an end-to-end data solution that uses OData to transfer data between client and server.
- Create a .NET Framework-based client application that consumes an OData feed asynchronously to avoid latency issues on the client.
- Expose and consume an OData feed with a binary large object that is accessed and changed as a stream.
- Bind OData feeds to controls in a Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) application.
- Intercept incoming messages to the data service to perform data validation and role-based filtering of queries.
- Create endpoints on a data service to enable custom service behaviors.