Transmit DV from File to Tape
Transmit from DV AVI file to VTR tape is complicated somewhat by the fact that files can type-1 or type-2. To transmit a DV file to tape, do the following:
- Create an instance of the MSDV Driver filter. For more information, see Selecting a Capture Device.
- Make sure the device is in VTR mode. Otherwise, you cannot transmit to tape.See Device Mode.
- Initialize the Capture Graph Builder, as described in About the Capture Graph Builder.
- Build the graph. The graph configuration depends on the DV file type:
- Put the device into record-pause mode, as described in Controlling a DV Camcorder.
- Pause the filter graph. While the filter graph is paused, it sends a continuous stream that repeats the first frame of video.
- To start transmitting, put the device into record mode and then run the filter graph. It takes the device a certain amount of time until the recording head is able to record, so wait for about two seconds before running the graph. This might result in a few duplicated frames at the beginning of the tape, but it ensures that no data is lost.