Called by the indexer to notify clients that an item has been modified. This item may have matched some (or all) of the criteria for the client rowset.
HRESULT OnChangedItem( [in] REFPROPVARIANT itemID, [in] ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE rowsetItemState, [in] ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE changedItemState );
- itemID [in]
Specifies the item in the rowset that has changed.
- rowsetItemState [in]
Specifies whether the changed item was originally in the rowset.
- changedItemState [in]
Specifies whether the changed item is currently in the rowset, as a result of the change.
If this method succeeds, it returns S_OK. Otherwise, it returns an HRESULT error code.
The ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE for rowsetItemState indicates whether the item was contained in the original rowset:
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_INROWSET indicates that the item is definitely contained within your rowset.
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_UNKNOWN indicates that the item may be contained within your rowset. The containment status is not known because your rowset is not fully evaluated.
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_NOTINROWSET indicates indicates that the item was not originally in your rowset
The ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE for changedItemState indicates whether the newly modified item now matches the degree to which the new item may match the original search criteria of a rowset:
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_INROWSET indicates that the item definitely belongs in your rowset.
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_UNKNOWN indicates that the item may now belong in your rowset.
- ROWSETEVENT_ITEMSTATE_NOTINROWSET indicates that the item does not belong in your rowset.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 7 [desktop apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2008 R2 [desktop apps only]|
- Rowset Properties
- Indexing Prioritization and Rowset Events in Windows 7