An application can flatten the curves in a path by calling the FlattenPath function. This function is especially useful for applications that fit text onto the contour of a path which contains curves. To fit the text, the application must perform the following steps:
- Create the path where the text appears.
- Call the FlattenPath function to convert the curves in a path into line segments.
- Call the GetPath function to retrieve those line segments.
- Calculate the length of each line and the width of each character in the string.
- Use line-width and character-width data to position each character along the curve.