Operations on Blobs
Updated: February 26, 2015
Microsoft Azure Storage provides REST operations for working with blobs in the Blob service.
This section contains reference information for operations on block blobs and page blobs.
- Put Blob
- Creates a new blob or replaces an existing blob within a container.
- Get Blob
- Reads or download a blob from the Blob service, including its user-defined metadata and system properties.
- Get Blob Properties
- Returns all user-defined metadata, standard HTTP properties, and system properties for the blob.
- Set Blob Properties
- Sets values for system properties defined for a blob.
- Get Blob Metadata
- Returns all user-defined metadata for the specified blob.
- Set Blob Metadata
- Sets user-defined metadata for the specified blob as one or more name-value pairs.
- Lease Blob
- Establishes and manages a lock on write and delete operations. To delete or write to a locked blob, a client must provide the lease ID.
- Snapshot Blob
- Creates a snapshot of a blob.
- Copy Blob
- Copies a blob to a destination within the storage account.
- Abort Copy Blob
- Aborts a pending Copy Blob operation, and leaves a destination blob with zero length and full metadata.
- Delete Blob
- Marks the specified blob for deletion.
ConceptsBlob Service Concepts