This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Performance Counter Walkthroughs
The walkthroughs in this section introduce you to the use of the PerformanceCounter component. The walkthroughs show you how to use both system performance counters and custom performance counters.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Retrieving Categories and Counters
- Presents step-by-step instructions on how to retrieve and work with Windows performance counter categories and counters, using the PerformanceCounter component.
- Walkthrough: Changing and Retrieving Performance Counter Values
- Presents step-by-step instructions on how to retrieve raw and calculated values from a Windows performance counter using the PerformanceCounter component.
- Component Programming Walkthroughs
- Lists all the walkthroughs related to component authoring and programming in Visual Basic and C#.
- System Monitoring Walkthroughs
- Lists walkthroughs you can use to learn how to work with EventLog, PerformanceCounter, and ServiceController components.
- Walkthroughs in Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Lists all the step-by-step topics that use Visual Basic and Visual C#.
- Visual Basic Code Example Topics
- Shows quickstart-like code examples that help you perform common tasks in Visual Basic .NET.