Walkthroughs Using Excel
The following walkthroughs demonstrate ways you can use document-level customizations and VSTO Add-ins to automate Microsoft Office Excel and customize the user interface (UI).
- Walkthrough: Creating Your First Document-Level Customization for Excel
Demonstrates how to create a basic document-level customization for Excel.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using the Ribbon Designer
Demonstrates how to add a custom tab to the Ribbon of an Excel workbook.
- Walkthrough: Collecting Data Using a Windows Form
Illustrates using a Windows Form to collect user input and then sending the input to a cell in an Excel worksheet.
- Walkthrough: Changing Worksheet Formatting Using CheckBox Controls
Demonstrates the basics of using check boxes on an Excel worksheet to change formatting.
- Walkthrough: Displaying Text in a Text Box in a Worksheet Using a Button
Demonstrates the basics of using buttons and text boxes on Excel worksheets.
- Walkthrough: Programming Against Events of a NamedRange Control
Provides step-by-step instructions on how to add a NamedRange control to a worksheet and program against its events.
- Walkthrough: Simple Data Binding in a Document-Level Project
Demonstrates the basics of binding a single data field in a SQL Server database to a named range in Excel.
- Walkthrough: Complex Data Binding in a Document-Level Project
Demonstrates the basics of binding multiple cells in an Excel worksheet to fields in the Northwind SQL Server database.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Master/Detail Relation Using a Cached Dataset
Demonstrates creating a master/detail relation on a worksheet, and caching the data so that the solution can be used offline.
- Walkthrough: Updating a Chart in a Worksheet Using Radio Buttons
Shows the basics of changing chart styles using radio buttons on an Excel worksheet.
- Walkthrough: Binding Data to Controls on an Excel Actions Pane
Describes how to add controls that are bound to a data source to an actions pane in Excel.
- Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-in for Excel
Demonstrates how to create a basic VSTO Add-in for Excel.
- Walkthrough: Adding Controls to a Worksheet at Run Time in VSTO add-in Project
Demonstrates how to add controls to a worksheet by using a VSTO Add-in.
- Walkthrough: Calling Code in a VSTO Add-in from VBA
Demonstrates how to expose an object in a VSTO Add-in to VBA code in a workbook.
- Walkthrough: Synchronizing a Custom Task Pane with a Ribbon Button
Demonstrates how to create a custom task pane that users can hide or display by clicking a toggle button on the Ribbon.
- Walkthrough: Complex Data Binding in VSTO add-in Project
Demonstrates how to bind a table in a SQL Server database to a ListObject in a VSTO Add-in for Excel.