|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
File Attribute Constants
Visual Studio .NET 2003
These constants specify the current attributes of the file or directory specified by the function.
The attributes are represented by the following manifest constants:
- Archive. Set whenever the file is changed, and cleared by the BACKUP command. Value: 0x20
- Hidden file. Not normally seen with the DIR command, unless the /AH option is used. Returns information about normal files as well as files with this attribute. Value: 0x02
- Normal. File can be read or written to without restriction. Value: 0x00
- Read-only. File cannot be opened for writing, and a file with the same name cannot be created. Value: 0x01
- Subdirectory. Value: 0x10
- System file. Not normally seen with the DIR command, unless the /AS option is used. Value: 0x04
Multiple constants can be combined with the OR operator (|).