Debugger Settings and Preparation
This section describes the debugger-related property settings, and the preparation needed in order to debug your program with the Visual Studio debugger. If you create your program in Visual Studio using the project templates, these settings are set correctly for you in the Debug configuration.
For more information, see How to: Set Debug and Release Configurations.
In This Section
- Debugger Project Settings
Explains how to specify debugger settings, how to set debug and release configurations, and how to manage symbols and source code. Also describes appropriate project settings for C++, C#, F#, and Visual Basic debug configurations, as well as web projects.
- Debugging DLL Projects
Describes recommended project settings for debugging DLL projects, how to debug from a DLL project, how debug in mixed mode, and how to debug a managed-code Web Control Library.
- Debugging Preparation: Console Projects
Provides instructions on how to configure console projects for debugging.
- Debugging Preparation: ASP.NET Web Applications
Provides instructions on how to configure ASP.NET Web applications.
- How to: Debug an Executable Not Part of a Visual Studio Solution
Explains how to debug an executable that is not created as part of a Visual Studio project.
- How to: Debug with Code Center Premium Source
Describes how to debug source from Microsoft Code Center Premium in your Visual Studio Project.
- How to: Debug 64-Bit Applications
Describes how to debug 64-bit applications.
- Debugging and the Hosting Process
Describes different aspects of the hosting process.
- How to: Specify a .NET Framework Version For Debugging
Describes how to set a registry key to indicate to the debugger which version to use.