The MFC Reference covers the classes, global functions, global variables, and macros that make up the Microsoft Foundation Class Library version 7.0.
The individual hierarchy charts included with each class are useful for locating base classes. The MFC Reference usually does not describe inherited member functions or inherited operators. For information on these functions, refer to the base classes depicted in the hierarchy diagrams.
The documentation for each class includes a class overview, a member summary by category, and topics for the member functions, overloaded operators, and data members.
Public and protected class members are documented only when they are normally used in application programs or derived classes. See the class header files for a complete listing of class members.
In This Section
- Hierarchy Chart
- Visually details the class relationships in the class library.
- Class Library Overview
- Lists the classes in the MFC Library according to category.
- MFC Technical Notes
- Provides links to specialized topics, written by the MFC development team, on the class library.
- MFC Classes
- Provides links to and header file information for the MFC classes.
- MFC Macros and Globals
- Provides links to the macros and global functions in the MFC Library.
- Structures, Styles, Callbacks, and Message Maps
- Provides links to the structures, styles, callbacks, and message maps used by the MFC Library.
- Obsolete MFC Functions
- Provides links to functions that are obsolete in MFC 7.0.
- Hierarchy Chart Categories
- Describes the MFC hierarchy chart by category.
- Shared Classes
- Provides links to classes that are shared between MFC and ATL.
- MFC Samples
- Provides links to samples that demonstrate how to use MFC.
- Porting and Upgrading
- Provides links to topics discussing porting your program and upgrading to the current version of Visual C++.
- Visual C++ Libraries
- Provides links to the various libraries provided with Visual C++, including ATL, MFC, OLE DB Templates, the C run-time library, and the Standard C++ Library.
- Provides links to using the Visual Studio debugger to correct logic errors in your application or stored procedures.