This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Unmanaged API Reference
.NET Framework 1.1
Describes the API elements that runtime hosts call from unmanaged code to configure and load the common language runtime into a process. For a description of how to write a runtime host, see Hosting the Common Language Runtime.
Unmanaged API Elements
- Instructs the operating system loader to look for the entry point in the DLL image.
- Instructs the operating system loader to look for the entry point in the executable image.
- Notifies the loader when the managed module images are unloaded.
- Notifies the loader when the managed module images are loaded.
- CoInitializeCor is obsolete. To initialize the common language runtime, use either CorBindToRuntimeEx or CorBindToCurrentRuntime.
- Loads the common language runtime into a process using version information stored in an XML file.
- Enables unmanaged hosts to load the common language runtime into a process.
- Shuts down the current unmanaged process.
- CoUninitializeCor is obsolete. The common language runtime cannot be unloaded from a process.
- Returns the installation directory of the common language runtime that is loaded into the process.
- Returns the version number of the common language runtime that is running in the current process.
- Generates a hash over the contents of the specified file.
- Frees memory allocated with a previous call to a strong name method.
- Retrieves the public key from a private/public key pair.
- Generates a strong name signature for the specified assembly.
- Returns the size of the strong name signature.
- Returns a token representing a public key.