User Interface Samples Overview
Glossary Item Box
Several User Interface samples are provided to demonstrate how services can interact with users. These include:
- Direction Dialog - A simple Windows Form with buttons to control movement of a robot
- Desktop Joystick - Shows how to use a Windows Form to act as a virtual joystick
- Robot Dashboard - A User Interface for controlling a Reference Platform robot using a game controller or the mouse.
- Simple Dashboard - A more sophisticated user interface (Windows Form) for controlling a robot using a game controller or the mouse. NOTE: The Simple Dashboard is superseded by the Robot Dashboard or use with a Reference Platform robot.
- WPF Text to Speech UI - Demonstrates how to use a WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) window with a service and also uses Text To Speech
- XInput Controller - A service that uses DirectX for input from an Xbox 360 controller
For speech-based interfaces, see the Technology Samples which include:
- Text-To-Speech - Generating speech from text strings
- Speech Recognition - Recognizing spoken words / phrases and converting them to text
In addition, there are examples in the DSS Interop and Device Samples that are related to user interfaces. In particular you might want to look at the Game Controller and Web Camera.
Technology Samples: Technology Samples Overview
DSS Interop Samples: Interop and Device Samples Overview
© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.