Active Directory Rights Management Services SDK
[The AD RMS SDK leveraging functionality exposed by the client in Msdrm.dll is available for use in Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 8. It may be altered or unavailable in subsequent versions. Instead, use Active Directory Rights Management Services SDK 2.1, which leverages functionality exposed by the client in Msipc.dll.]
- A law firm wants to prevent sensitive email messages from being printed or forwarded.
- The developers of computer-aided design and manufacturing software want to limit drawing access to a small group of users within the research division without requiring the use of passwords.
- The owners of a graphic design website want to use a single license that allows free viewing of low-resolution copies of their images but requires payment for access to the high-resolution versions.
- The owners of an online document library want to enable rights to view, print, or edit documents based on the identity of the user.
- A company wants to publish a website that contains dynamic information and allows the data to be viewed for only one week.
- A corporation wants to publish sensitive employee information to an internal website that restricts viewing and editing privileges to certain users.
The AD RMS SDK enables you to encrypt and decrypt content, associate rights with content, discover AD RMS services, and publish and acquire content licenses.
The AD RMS SDK is used to create custom applications that encrypt digital assets and enforce term of use for those assets. Knowledge of the C++ programming language is required.
For information about the run-time requirements for a particular programming element, see the Requirements section of the reference topic for that element.
- What's New in the AD RMS SDK
Discusses new content for each release of the SDK.
- Application Licensing and Best Practices
Describes how to license your AD RMS applications during product development and release.
- About the AD RMS SDK
Discusses the major portions of the SDK.
- Using the AD RMS SDK
Explains common scenarios implemented by applications built using the SDK.
- AD RMS SDK Reference
Provides reference information for the functions, enumeration types, structures, and web methods published by the SDK.
- AD RMS SDK Glossary
Provides a glossary of technical terms used in the SDK.