Publishing a Report using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web Application
[Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0]
Find the latest SDK documentation: CRM 2015 SDK
To publish a report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM by using the Web application UI, do the following:
- Create a new report or modify an existing report by using Visual Studio.
- In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, click New in the toolbar located above the Reports grid.
- In the Report:New dialog box, first select Existing File in Report Type, and then fill in the source file location. Also, fill in the Details section of the form.
- Click Save and Close.
- Your report will now be displayed in the Reports grid. You may have to select an appropriate category or entity from the drop-down menus above the toolbar in order to see the report. Select your report in the Reports grid.
- If you do not want to define a default filter, go to step 10.
- In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu.
- In the Report Viewer dialog box, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report runs.
- Click Save Default Filter.
- Run the report.
After the report is tested and functions correctly, follow these steps to add the report to context-sensitive lists and forms within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Select the report in the Reports grid.
- Click Edit Report on the grid toolbar.
- In the Report dialog box, fill in the Categorization section according to the following descriptions:
Categories: Categorizes the report according to its intended purpose. For example, a sales report can be included in context-sensitive lists and forms in the Sales area of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Related Record Types: Associates the report to specific entities, such as accounts or contacts.
Display In: This setting enables the report to be displayed in context-sensitive forms and lists. You can restrict where the report is displayed. If you intend to publish a hidden report, clear the Display In text box.
- Click Save and Close.
By default, a report is uploaded as user-owned. To make the report visible to the whole organization you should change the Viewable By field on the form to Organization, click Edit Report and select Make Report Available to Organization in the Actions menu.
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.