Performance Counter Builder Dialog Box
Allows you to create a new performance counter category and specify one or more counters to be placed within it. You access this dialog box from Server Explorer by expanding the Servers node. You then right-click the Performance Counters node and click Create New Counter.
- Category Name
- An identifier for the category you want to create.
- Category Description
- A description for the category.
- The name of the counter you want to create within a specific category.
- The type of counter you want to create.
- Counter Description
- A description for the counter.
- Adds the counter specified in the New Counter frame to the list of counters for the current category, and clears the fields so you can enter a new counter.
- Removes the counter currently selected in the Counter List field from this category.
- Counter List
- Lists each counter that has been added to this category.
Creating Custom Performance Counters | Creating Performance Counter Categories | Monitoring Performance Thresholds | Performance Counter Types