Converting Visual J++ Applications to Visual C#
Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET provides the ability to convert projects created in Visual J++® version 6.0 or written in the Java language to Visual C#™ so that you can take advantage of the .NET Framework. Java Language Conversion Assistant generates a new Visual C# project from an existing Visual J++ 6.0 project or Java-language files. The Java Language Conversion Assistant wizard makes it easy to convert your existing files.
In This Section
- Converting Visual J++ or Java-Language Projects to Visual C#
- Describes how to use Java Language Conversion Assistant.
- Java Language Conversion Assistant
- Provides an overview of upgrading a Visual J++ 6.0 project or Java-language files to Visual C#.
- Java Language Conversion Assistant Wizard
- Describes how to use the wizard.
- Manually Upgrading Unconverted Code
- Explains how to upgrade code that could not be converted automatically.
- What's New in Java Language Conversion Assistant
- Describes the new features available in this version of Java Language Conversion Assistant.
- Converting Web Applications
- Describes how to adapt Web applications when converting them with Java Language Conversion Assistant.
- Conversion of JSP Custom Tag Libraries
- Provides a list of Java-language classes for which support classes are created to emulate custom tag runtime behavior.
- Compile Converted Servlet Classes Before Opening Them
- Explains how to open Web Forms for converted servlet classes.
- Matching Code Pages
- Describes what to do when you have missing or mismatched code pages.
- JLCA Diagnostic Messages Listed by Package
- Provides lists of error messages generated by Java Language Conversion Assistant.
- Visual C# Language
- Provides an overview of the Visual C# language.
- C# Tutorials
- Provides a link to tutorials designed to introduce a variety of Visual C# topics.