Deleting a Primary Key Constraint
Delete a primary key constraint when you want to remove the requirement for uniqueness for the values entered in a column or a combination or columns.
To delete a primary key constraint
- In your database diagram or Table Designer, select the primary key columns for the table whose primary key constraint you want to delete. A primary key column is identified by a primary key symbol in its row selector.
- Right-click the row selector for the column and select Set Primary Key.
- In your database diagram, select the table whose primary key constraint you want to delete.
- Right-click the table and select Indexes/Keys.
- Select the primary key index from the Selected index list.
- Choose Delete.
Caution Choosing Delete will result in an action that cannot be undone without losing all other changes made to the database diagram. To undo this action, close this database diagram and all other open database diagrams without saving the changes.
The constraint is deleted from the database when you save the table or diagram.