Rendering 3D with Effects
Describes step-by-step procedures for using 3D graphics techniques.
In This Section
- 3D Pipeline Basics
- The 3D graphics pipeline uses a graphics device to load resources and render a 3D scene using an effect.
- Creating a Basic Effect
- Demonstrates how to create and initialize an instance of the BasicEffect class and use it to draw simple geometry.
- Using a Basic Effect with Texturing
- Demonstrates how to create and draw a simple quad—two triangles that form a rectangle or square—using DrawUserIndexedPrimitives.
- Rendering a Model with a Basic Effect
- Demonstrates how to load and render a model using the XNA Framework Content Pipeline.
- Creating a Custom Effect
- Demonstrates how to create a custom effect that transforms an object and applies a texture.
- Creating a Custom Effect with Texturing
- Demonstrates how to use a custom effect and a texture to render a 3D object.
- Drawing a Sprite Over a Model
- Demonstrates how to draw a sprite so that it obscures a model.
- Enabling Antialiasing (Multisampling)
- Demonstrates how to enable antialiasing for your game.
- Creating a Render Target
- Demonstrates how to create a render target using the RenderTarget2D class.
- Creating a State Object
- Demonstrates how to create a state object using any of the state object classes: BlendState, DepthStencilState, RasterizerState, or SamplerState.
- Creating a Custom Vertex Declaration
- Demonstrates how to create a custom vertex declaration and use it to render a 3D object.
- Drawing 3D Primitives using Lists or Strips
- Demonstrates how to draw 3D primitives using lines and triangles arranged as strips or lists.
- Dynamically Updating Vertices
- Describes several techniques for implementing dynamic vertex buffers in an XNA Framework game.
- Displaying Multiple Screens with Viewports
- Demonstrates how to use viewports to display different scenes simultaneously using two cameras.
- Creating a SkySphere
- Demonstrates how to create an effect that will apply a skybox-style cube map to a sphere.
- Creating a Depth Texture
- Demonstrates how to create a texture that contains depth information for a scene using a render target and a custom effect.
- Transformations and Collision Testing
- Provides classes and methods for manipulating vectors and matrices.