How To: Configure Features
A unique advantage to protecting your software by specifying methods is that you can create a licensing model based on different feature sets. Customers can purchase different feature sets to suit their business model.
The following procedure describes how to modify settings for an existing feature.
To Configure a Feature
- Log on to the SLP Online Service.
- Click Products in the navigation panel.
- Select the product for which you want to modify features, in the products table, and then click Edit.
- Click the Feature Sets tab, click the feature set in the Feature Sets table, and then click Edit.
- Click a feature in the Features in Feature Set table in the Features section of the page, and then click Edit.
- Change the Total Usage Limit field from Unlimited to 3, and then click OK. You can also modify the Concurrent Usage Limit or the Expiration Days fields to restrict the number of users who can access that feature at the same time or restrict the number of days that the software will allow access to the feature.
- Follow Steps 4 – 6 for each feature that you want to configure for this license, and then click OK on the Feature Sets tab.
- Click Back To Products or another option on the navigation panel, such as issuing a new license for the current feature set.
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!