Considerations for Application Design and Deployment (Sync Services)
The topics in this section describe several areas that you should consider when you are designing and deploying applications that use Sync Services for ADO.NET 2.0.
In This Section
- Security Considerations (Sync Services)
Describes several important approaches to help you secure data that is synchronized.
- Database Objects Supported by Sync Services
Describes the types of objects that you can synchronize.
- Selecting an Appropriate Primary Key for a Distributed Environment (Sync Services)
Describes several types of keys that can be used for tables involved in synchronization, including identities and GUIDs.
- Working with Table Schemas (Sync Services)
Describes the types of schema changes that are supported, and how Sync Services handles differences between server and client schemas.
- Data Type Mapping and Considerations (Sync Services)
Describes how data types are mapped between ADO.NET and SQL Server Compact 3.5, and includes information about data types that require special attention.
- Deploying and Versioning Applications (Sync Services)
Describes how applications are deployed and initialized, and how to handle schema changes and multiple application versions.
- Backing Up and Restoring a Database (Sync Services)
Describes how to ensure that changes are synchronized correctly after a server database is restored from a backup.
- Database Connections (Sync Services)
Describes how connections are made during synchronization.