Logging in MSBuild
Logging provides a way for you to monitor the progress of a build. Logging captures build events, messages, warnings, and errors in a log file.
In This Section
- Obtaining Build Logs with MSBuild
Describes the various aspects of logging in MSBuild.
- Build Loggers
Outlines the steps required to create a single-processor logger.
- Logging in a Multi-Processor Environment
Describes how logging works in a multi-processor environment and the two multi-processor logging models.
- Writing Multi-Processor-Aware Loggers
Outlines how to create multi-processor-aware loggers and how to use the ConfigurableForwardingLogger.
- Creating Forwarding Loggers
Outlines how to create custom forwarding loggers.
- Building Multiple Projects in Parallel with MSBuild
Describes how to build multiple projects faster by running them in parallel.