Charting on Cross-Tab summaries
Crystal Reports allows you to include a chart based on summary values in your Cross-Tab report. For example, with a Cross-Tab that shows the amount of a certain product sold in each region of the United States, you may want to include a chart showing the percentage of total sales provided by each region for that product.
To create a Cross-Tab chart, you must first have a Cross-Tab in your report. For information about how to create a Cross-Tab, see Creating Cross-Tabs.
To chart on a Cross-Tab summary
- Right-click in the embedded Crystal Reports Designer, point to Insert and click Chart.
- On the Type tab, select the Chart Types, and click the chart subtype that best illustrates your data.
- Select Automatically set chart options if you want the Chart Expert to use default options on the Axes and Options tabs.
- Click the Data tab.
- In the Placement area, specify how often your chart appears on the report, then click Header or Footer to specify where to place your chart.
- In the Layout area, click Cross-Tab, if it is not already selected.
- In the Data area, in the On change of list, click the group field you want to base your chart on.
- If necessary, in the Subdivided by list, click a secondary row or column you want to base your chart on.
- In the Show list, click the summary field you want to display on your chart.
- If the Axes and Options tabs appear, you can customize some of the properties, such as scaling of the axes, the legend, and the data points.
- Click the Text tab. Accept the default title information or add new titles to your chart.
- Click OK.